Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 13, no not the number of days I've been blogging!!!!

My hubby has been gone for 13 days, and in this time I have already felt like I'm going crazy. You see my hubby is deployed to the desert and although I know this is our life, a life I willingly chose and knew what I was getting into....well lets just say it can still suck at times. I think one of the hardest things about being married to the military, yes I said military because those of you who are also married to a service member know its a package deal, is switching from a family of 4 to a family of 3 and I am the one in charge now. I am the sole person taking care of the boys, and although I love them more than anything, acting as a single parent has got to be the toughest job in the world. to all those who raise your children on you own I commend you. You are doing an amazing job!!

In the time my hubby has been gone I managed to break the GPS (thankfully it didn't really break), unintentionally was responsible for my electric going out. Damn sprinkler hit an outlet, poof no electric! My cell decided to be a POS and stopped reading my SIM card (why is it called a SIM anyway?), oh and my 4 year old got strep. So I've been sitting at home for the last 3 days. Mrs. Insanely normal, sometimes is about to be just Mrs. Insane.

On a brighter note I've gotten to talk to my hubby 2 times on the phone and I get to talk to him everyday on messenger. Even though most of my support system is in the US, (currently stationed in Germany) I get to talk to them often and I have a few good friends here as well. My kids are really great, I can't complain about them, they are so awesome. They miss their daddy but also realize that mommy misses him too. Even with being stressed I am trying to remain calm when sometimes all I really want to do is scream (YAY for me!!), baby steps!!! Oh and the best news is that my hubby should be home at the End of September so he only misses one important thing, our oldest son turning 10. With video and everything though I can make sure the hubby gets to see!!!

Yes its only day 13 and it seems like it has been a lot longer, but my hubby is good, my kids are good, and I am dealing. I know September will be here soon and I cannot wait!!! Until then baby I will miss you, We will miss you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Mandi for becoming a follower of my blog. I know exactly what you are talking about when you say married to the military. My brother made the Air Force his career. But the good thing about it, I got to go on lots of vacations. Keep your head up, you sound like you are a strong willed person. You have a great looking family. And thank your husband for me....

    ReplyDelete