Sunday, May 29, 2011

I will remember......always!

Tomorrow is Memorial Day, to some its just another day off work that you might get paid for. Lots of people have barbeque's and hang out with friends and family on this day, why not its fun. Yes I have the day off tomorrow, and yes I will be grilling with friends, but tomorrow holds a greater importance to me than just a chance to hang with friends.

You see I am a military wife. I have been for over 10 years. My life is the military, although at times it can be stressful, especially times like now when my spouse is away, I love it. I know what the military men and women do for our country. I know the sacrifices they make, and all the important dates they miss. How they miss their families, and how when the phone rings at 2am for a recall, they must go. I know how military spouses bond, how sometimes, they seem like your family, especially when you spend your holidays with them and not your family back home. Military life is unique, and I am thankful to be a small part in it.

So tomorrow as always I will think of the military men and women, think of everything they do so that my family and yours stay safe and have all the liberties we have as Americans. I will also thank them, thank them for everything they do, for without them our lives would be very different.

To my uncle, may you rest in peace, thank you for serving our country! To my husband, Thank you for continuing to serve our country, I know you are sacrificing time with the kids and I, but I am so proud of you for all that you do!!! I love you babe!

Thank you to all those who serve, to all those who have served, and all those who died serving! You will forever hold a special place in my heart and will always be apart of my family.


So what will you be doing tomorrow?





Always Remember!!

No comments:

Post a Comment