Thursday, May 19, 2011

hmmmmmm.......

My little guy is sick. You would think with as much medical technology we have now a days that they would be able to tell me an accurate diagnosis for my baby. he has been sick for 5 days. He has had a fever since 4am Monday morning, plus chills and complaining of his body hurting. Tuesday he is still like this and he doesn't want to eat. So I take him to the ER (no I don't believe in wasting money by taking him to the ER for nonsense, the clinic was closed due to base functions). They swabbed his tonsils when we got there.

The doctor came in and examined Matt. She checked his ears, his throat, heart, and his breathing. She told me that the swab came back negative, but that he had all the symptoms of strep. At this point I feel bad that my child has strep but thankful that I went with my instincts and brought him to the doc. They gave him a shot in the ass, antibiotics they said, (they knew I sucked at remembering medicine!). She told me he should be better and could probably go back to school on Thursday. So today is Thursday and my child wakes up and still looks something like he did on Monday:


He still has a fever, and is very whiny.

Today: Since Matt shows no signs of improvement, I call the doc. Of course they cannot get us seen on base so I opt for a off base provider, which by the way was very nice! So we get to the appointment fill out some papers, which of course I messed up at first. Hello! I don't speak Deutsche nor do I read it ppl!! Anyway the doc sees us checks Matt out again. Asks how the other doc determined it was strep. I told him that she said "he has all the symptoms even though the test came back negative." He responds that it could be "Mononucleosis", I have no clue what that is. He says it is viral and cannot be treated with antibiotics. If there was no change over the weekend to come back Monday.

Got home found out that Mononucleosis is Mono, DUH!!!

So here is my complaint: If doctor B is correct and it is mono which is viral, doctor A just killed all my sons antibodies that cannot fight a viral infection. So does this now mean that my sons body will have to work twice as hard to fight this off. If this is the case why didn't doctor A just run a DAMN BLOOD TEST FIRST!!!!!

I LOVE MILITARY DOCTOR'S!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment